The Museum of HMAS Cerberus is located in a heritage listed building (originally the Supply School built in 1922) within the HMAS Cerberus heritage precinct. The Museum exhibits some of the oldest and most significant artefacts held by the Naval Heritage Collection most of which relate to the Victorian Colonial Navy and the history of HMAS Cerberus.
MHHV Foundation Member
The Flinders Naval Depot was established on the 1st September 1920 and commissioned HMAS Cerberus 1st April 1921. Located on 4000 acres at the head of Hanns Inlet, HMAS Cerberus is regarded as the premier training establishment for the Royal Australian Navy. The present Museum of HMAS Cerberus was first established by Commander L G Wilson MBE RAN in the early 1980s. The building was built in 1925 as the New Entry’s study block, in 1930 when the Royal Australian Naval College was relocated from Jervis Bay the building then became the Cadets’ Academic block. During WWII the facility was used as the Drafting Office and then later as the Supply School. Recently upgraded, the Museum now contains a section looking at the RAN’s role in the Vietnam War.
All visitors must pre-book and have photo ID.