- This event has passed.
2022 DRA Annual Conference – Melbourne
September 3 @ 6:30 pm - September 4 @ 3:30 am
Calling out the ADF Reserves – the need for balance and future sustainability.
The DRA National Conference is a joint service all-ranks Conference that will be addressed by a panel of distinguished speakers including:
• Government and Opposition Defence speakers
• Senior Officers of the Australian Defence Force
• Leading commentators on Defence matters
The conference program provides opportunities to examine the changing nature of Reserve service and the need for balance and sustainability, particularly in view of the increased call out of ADF Reservists for domestic disaster operations, potentially at the expense of diminishing collective training and operational/warfighting skills. The DRA Conference Program will be available shortly on dra.org.au
Conduct of the Conference:
The Conference will be conducted using a hybrid model involving either attendance in person or by a webinar for those attending virtually. The Conference will be followed by a joint service, all-ranks Formal Dinner from 7.00pm.
Hyatt Place Melbourne, 1 English Street, Essendon Fields; just a short distance from Tullamarine Airport.
Saturday 3 September 2022 from 9.00am to 5.00pm AEST.
• For early-bird payments (i.e: before 14 August 2022), the Conference cost is $85 per person (including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea) and cost of the Formal Dinner is $80 per person.
• Persons paying after 14 August 2022, the Conference cost is $100 per person (including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea) and the Formal Dinner is $95 per person.
• There is NO cost for virtual attendees.
• In-person attendance at the Conference:
• Virtual attendance at the Conference: via this link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Field is offering King Rooms for $205 per night. Reservations can be made by calling 131234 (toll free) or by going on-line to Hyatt.com and entering reservation using G-M309 as the group number. There are also other hotels and apartments close to Essendon Fields
Please contact the DRA Secretary, LTCOL Laureen Grimes, on 0412 276 771 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings and payment will be online via Eventbrite.