- This event has passed.
The Defence Reserves Association 2015 National Conference
January 1, 1970 @ 10:00 am
This conference ‚ÄúADF Total Force ‚Äì Fact or Fiction?‚Äù will be held on Saturday 22 August 2015 at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, Cnr Grand Parade and Princess Street, Brighton Le Sands NSW 2216.
It is a tri-service all ranks Conference that will be opened by His Excellency, General The Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd), Governor of NSW and will be addressed by a panel of distinguished speakers including:
- Government Defence speaker
- Opposition Defence speaker
- Senior Officers of the Australian Defence Force
- MAGJEN Crackett, Assistant Chief of Defence Staff, Reserve Forces and Cadets Division, UK Ministry of Defence
- Leading commentators on Defence matters
The program has been structured to provide optimal opportunities to discuss crucial issues affecting the ADF Reserves.
- Friday night (21 August) is the opportunity to settle in and meet at an informal dinner in the Novotel. DRA Branch Delegates will meet separately after dinner to discuss AGM Agenda matters.
- The Conference will run throughout Saturday 22 August 2015, from 0830 to 1745 hours.
- On Saturday evening, a tri-service all ranks Formal Dinner will be held. MAGJEN Crackett, Assistant Chief of Defence Staff, Reserve Forces and Cadets Division, UK Ministry of Defence has agreed to speak at the Dinner.
- On Sunday (23 August), DRA Branch Delegates will meet for the DRA 2015 Annual General Meeting from 0930 to 1200 hours.
As in previous years, the costs for the Conference Day sessions and the Formal Dinner have been kept to an absolute minimum of $140.00 per person all-inclusive. Cost of the Conference only is $75.00 per person and cost of the Formal Dinner only is $85.00 per person.¬† The Novotel has offered a competitive rate for accommodation of $219.00 per night for a standard king room/twin room (shared). The Conference Administrative Instruction and Registration Form are available on the website: dra.org.au and at url: DRA 2015 Conference webpage.¬† Additional information can be obtained from the Conference Secretary, WO1 Warren Barnes via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0409 909 439