- This event has passed.
Centenary of the Monash Militia Camp at Lilydale in February 1914.
September 3, 2014 @ 12:00 am - 1:00 am
John Monash & 3000 soldiers descended on Lilydale and camped for a week where the Lillydale Lake is today.
To mark the Centenary of this event a memorial plaque and storyboard sign will be unveiled at the Lillydale Lake.
A plaque will be unveiled by Michael Bennett, great grandson of Sir John Monash.
Also on the day there will be special guest speakers, a military band, the Australian Great War Association and a fly over of a bi-plane.
A book on the history of the camp will also be launched after the ceremony.
The event will include:
* a ceremony to commemorate the event
* unveiling of a plaque by Michael Bennett, great grandson of Sir John Monash
* Unveiling of a storyboard sign
* guest speakers
* military band
* Australian Great War Association
* A fly over of a bi-plane
* Launch of a book on the history of the camp entitled – ‘Monash’s Militia Camp’