- This event has passed.
MHHV AGM 2021
October 14, 2021 @ 5:00 am - 5:30 am
The Military History & Heritage Victoria Annual General Meeting will be held online, via Zoom, on 13 October 2021.
For AGM Documents, Committee Nomination Forms, Agenda and Zoom meeting link please contact MHH Secretary, Jason McGregor, via email@example.com or call on 0419 256 681.
Election of Office Bearers and Ordinary Committee Members for 2021/22
All positions on the MHHV Inc. Committee are open for election at this year’s AGM on 13 October 2021. The office bearer positions are:
In addition, Four Ordinary Members of Committee are open for election.
To be received by the Secretary no later than 5 pm, Friday 8 October 2021.
If you wish to be nominated for a position, please sign and date the nomination form and return to the Secretary by 5 pm Friday 8 October 2021. The Secretary will ensure your nominations are signed by two members of the Committee if you are not able to obtain nomination signatures yourself. Nominations to be sent to by post to:
PO Box 24376
Melbourne VIC 3001
Or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Nominations of candidates must be made in writing, signed by two other financial members and the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination).
(2) A candidate may only be nominated for one office and/or as one ordinary member of the committee, prior to the annual general meeting. So if you are nominating for an office holder position also nominate for an ordinary member of committee if you wish to be considered for committee if your bid for office holder fails.
(3) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated shall be deemed to be elected and further nominations may be received at the AGM.
(4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated shall be deemed to be elected. If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot must be held.
(5) The ballot for the election of officers and ordinary members of the committee may be conducted by mail prior to the AGM, and including at the AGM in such manner as the committee may direct. Once nominations have been received, they will be forwarded to the Returning Officer, Major General Jim Barry, AM, MBE, RFD, ED (Rtd), MHHV Patron.
If nominations do not fill all vacancies, nominations may be taken from the floor at the AGM to fill those vacancies.
Voting can be made by Proxy forms given to a member who will be attending the AGM.
Note that voting is only required if there is more than one nomination for a position. Positions where only one candidate has nominated will be elected unopposed.
Voting in Person
Voters must be financial members of MHHV Inc. Proxy forms must be produced if used.